Friday, February 1, 2013

Gulls !!!! Help !!!!

Amwell NR I have been there a 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks first for caspian twice failed then for glaucous gull scored then back for caspian probable fail 
Being a novice when it comes to gulls
and any birds actually 
when the Caspian gull was at amwell 
and was only seen feeding an hour before I arrived
I was in with a good chance of seeing it
But then I had to ID it
2 other birders was there and we all decided this was a good candidate
in-fact one of us felt he was sure
but it wasn't me 
comments welcome !



also this scaup  which was very nice 



1 comment:

Nick Croft said...

Some pictures of the Caspian on Herts Birding Website might help, to me it could be, but I am "shit with gulls", http://www.hnhs.org/birds/index.php#morephotos

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails